Terms & Conditions
Content & Copyright
2. The Client's logos, artwork, graphics and photographs remain the copyright of The Client. Design, graphics and programming produced by Simplistic Designs remain the intellectual property of Simplistic Designs until full and final payment has been received.
3. All work carried out at The Client's request, whether experimentally or otherwise, shall be charged to The Client.
4. Simplistic Designs withholds the right to refuse publication of any content which it sees as being indecent, obscene or offensive towards others.
5. Any alterations and additional work necessitated by the client shall be charged as additional charges. When style, type or layout is left to the judgment of Simplistic Designs, changes there from made by The Client shall be charged as additional charges. No responsibility will be accepted for any errors, including colour variations, once approved by The Client.
2. Simplistic Designs will complete the design and build of The Client's web site after receiving written (email prefferably) confirmation that the design is satisfactory.
3. Simplistic Designs will place a link on your site stating that we designed it. This link must be left untouched unless agreed with Simplistic Designs.
4. Once Simplistic Designs has received confirmation that the design is satisfactory, modifications to the design specification will be considered an amendment to the contract. All modifications must be confirmed in writing.
5. Any consultancy service and general advice is, by its nature, subjective. It is up to The Client whether they decide to follow the ideas and suggestions. Nobody, including Simplistic Designs, can guarantee that any of those ideas and suggestions will positively improve business, increase traffic to The Client's web site, improve ratings with search engines or boost sales.
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
2. Payment for Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) projects is to be made on a monthly basis.
3. The minimum contract length for a Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) project is 3 months but as this process is on going plus results can take longer, it is expected that a contract will continue.
Domain Name Registration and Website Hosting
2. Registration can be for varying lengths of time. Although we will do our best to renew the registration for you, it is ultimately your responsibility to make sure this happens so please keep a note of the date.
3. Simplistic Designs will advise The Client on the most appropriate and cost-effective web site hosting package supplied by a third party. The website hosting contract is between The Client and the hosting company and The Client is bound by their terms and conditions (available on request).
4. The Client takes all risks in connection with the solvency and performance of such third parties and The Client accepts that the third party has sole liability to provide such services.
2. All design packages sold through Ebay may be subject to programming costs if additional functionality is required.
3. Detailed information about the requirements of the client are to be sent as soon as possible after purchasing a design from us through Ebay to allow us to build your site quickly.
4. Payment for Ebay design work is to be made before design work will commence.
Invoicing, Payment and Tender Validity
2. Payment shall be made in UK Pounds Sterling to Simplistic Designs. Payments are due within 28 days of presentation of invoice/completion of work. If due to bank charges, transfer or E Wallet (Paypal) fees, or the like, Simplistic Designs should receive less than its invoice amount, Simplistic Designs will re-invoice The Client for the shortfall. In the event that any amount remains unpaid 28 days after invoice date, Simplistic Designs reserves the right to discontinue, withhold, or suspend services to The Client to whom such unpaid amounts relate. Simplsitic Designs also reserves the right to charge all fees associated with late or non payment to the client.
3. In accordance with The Late Payment of Commercial Debts Act 1998 interest will be charged on all payments received outside of payment terms at the rate of 2% above Lloyds Bank plc base rate. All charges incurred by Simplistic Designs due to late payment or cheques that require representing or fees required to recover debts will be passed onto The Client.
4. Tenders and Quotes are valid for 60 days from the date of the Tender or Quote. All prices quoted may be subject to change without notice after this period.
5. Once the project is started, the deposit is not refundable in the event of the contract being terminated – no matter the situation or circumstances. Furthermore a cancellation fee is applicable if the contract is terminated before completion. The cancellation fee is 75% of the total price of the project in question. This amount will be invoiced and the client will be given 28 days to pay before late/non payment fees + terms quoted in earlier parts of this contract are activated. In relation to projects where full payment has been made up front, no refunds will be issued from the date upon which work commenced.
2. If content, information on design specifications or alike is not provided by the client, a fee will be charged at the discression of SImplistic Designs for any delay caused.
3. Search Engine entry and ranking can in no way be guaranteed as this remains the sole discretion of a third party search engine provider.
4. No liability will be accepted for compatibility issues with code or any errors, omissions or failings of software code produced.
5. Where in the instance that a time scale or schedule has been given, Simplistic Designs will not be responsible for any money lost to The Client if the deadline is not met.
6. On completion of any web site it is the sole responsibility of The Client to manage the site. Simplistic Designs will no longer be responsible for the site upon completion unless an alternative agreement has been reached.
7. Should Simplistic Designs waive any of these terms on an individual basis, this shall not affect the validity of remaining clauses or commit Simplistic Designs to waive the same clause on any other occasion.
8. This contract shall be subject to UK Law. Where it is held that Simplistic Designs is not entitled to rely on any term in this contract, then Simplistic Designs may also be allowed to cancel all rights and obligations under this contract, or to hold all other clauses as valid entirely at his sole discretion.
9. Any changes you make once the site is completed is “at your own risk” and Simplistic Designs will not be held responsible if you cause any errors.
10. Simplistic Designs reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. It's up to the client to keep up to date with changes by viewing www.simplisticdesigns.co.uk/terms-and-conditions
Simplistic Designs is generally pleasant, respectful, honest, understanding and flexible and will be unlikely to strictly enforce these terms and conditions with clients that are also generally honest, straightforward, agreeable, understanding and flexible.